Thursday, March 6, 2014

PX at Camp Humphreys

PX at Camp Humphreys

[Must have military ID and ration card (or copy of orders) to enter the main store.]

This may not be interesting for most ;) 
I'm just going to cover some of the shopping we have available through the military.
We have the necessities - no frill.
I'm learning, though, that sometimes limited options is great! 
Less deliberation ~ haha

PX stands for post exchange.
As Wiki puts it - an exchange is a type of retail store found on United States military installations worldwide and usually resembles a department store or strip mall. Exchanges are known as Post Exchange (PX) for Army, Base Exchange (BX) for Air Force,  and then Navy Exchange (NEX), Marine Corps Exchange (MCX), and Coast Guard Exchange (CGX) respectively.

There is usually a food court attached. 
Our food court has almost the same restaurants as Fort Campbell's food court, except for Charley's (which is located elsewhere here). It has Anthony's pizza, which is my hubby's and my favorite, Taco Bell, Subway, Popeyes and Baskin Robins. There is also a Starbucks, a few kiosks, a restroom, an ATM, a flower shop, a GNC store and a couple other very small stores between the food court and the main store. And there is a Burger King across the street.
All of these food options are pretty standard fast food quality.

As you can see, Easter stuff is on the shelves here too!


That is one counter of jewelry things and other accessory items surrounding it.


Below you see the ONLY racks for women's undergarments.
Yep, that's about 4 small racks...


They have more racks of workout gear than undergarments, so I hope you like to workout! 
(I like workout clothes better than the actual workout part ;)


Ladies clothing! Yep, that's it! There are still clearance racks, so I'm happy ;)


Baby section seems sufficient, but there are definitely limited options - i.e. one type of stroller, etc.


Boys' section seems sufficient to get by!
(Don't have kids yet, so I haven't actually needed to buy anything..) 


As you can see, about one option of each :)
There are Facebook pages for military families to sell - we all know how popular that is!
"Camp Humphreys Buy and Sell"
"Camp Humphreys Flea Market"
And many people use Osan Air Base services and shops too!


Yes, the purse section is sad...most people shop off post for name brands!


Understandably, the men's section is extensive! Definitely the largest section! 


Plenty of cards ;)


Makeup: both sides of the rack shown...looks like plenty of sunglasses though!


Book section - limited, but I've already spotted a couple of Asian cooking books I want!


Lots of candles here! I'm so glad since we didn't pack any! I brought one tiny candle in my suitcase that a family member gave me in my stocking. It is sitting on my desk bringing me the homey smells of "apple pumpkin" :)
Yeah, but it doesn't set any atmosphere and I'm sure I'll be tired of it soon ;)


Plenty of junk food!! (Soldier fuel)


All the necessities for over-the-counter meds and first aid, but not much variety.


Some home goods - again limited options.


Office supplies:


Tiny section of Korean stuff - probably overpriced ;)




There are also these sections: toys, pets (one aisle), bedding, bathroom linens, kitchen supplies, rugs, and furniture (very very limited - only things that come in flat boxes and can be put together yourself - thing cheapest walmart stuff and recliners).

And of course, a GIANT entertainment section...very typical for army ;)



For pictures of the outside and some other great pictures, check out this website!

No comments:

Post a Comment